SAP Sustainability Control Tower helps businesses achieve regulatory compliance, improve their environmental, social, and governance (ESG) data management, and expedite their digital transformation journeys to become intelligent, sustainable enterprises.
ESG data management in corporations is a driving force behind efforts to lessen businesses’ negative impact on the environment, recycle more, and guarantee workers’ rights and protections in the workplace. This type of management includes setting standards for companies to follow in order to reduce their carbon footprint, increase employee satisfaction, and be more socially responsible. Today, ESG has become increasingly important to investors as they look for companies that are not only profitable but also have sustainable practices.
The SAP Sustainability Control Tower was developed in response to the growing demand from companies for sustainability solutions. The product offering was first introduced in January of this year and provides a comprehensive package of features and tools that help companies manage their sustainability efforts. Some of the capabilities of the SAP Sustainability Control Tower are:
- SAP systems including SAP S/4HANA, SAP Product Footprint Management, and SAP Environment, Health, and Safety Management (SAP EHS Management) are easily integrated into the solution.
- It works with a variety of APIs to connect with non-SAP systems and generate audit-ready data. Users may integrate their own analytics, as well as industry and regulatory material, and make use of other applications, all through the APIs.
- Using the SAP Sustainability Control Tower, an organization may efficiently share and manage ESG data. Templated data models and algorithms allow companies to quickly integrate and analyze specific ESG data using the existing structures from their financial, human resources, and operations departments.
- In order to boost their sustainability performance, businesses may use SAP’s Sustainability Control Tower to establish goals, acquire insights into key processes, predict outcomes, examine scenarios and trade-offs, report on progress, and develop role-specific functions.
- Additional features, such as carbon emissions management, waste and materials management for circularity, and people sustainability, are available in the sustainability solutions under SAP Cloud for Sustainable Enterprises, with which this solution integrates seamlessly.
In a recently published press release, the German tech giant has stated that it will be using SAP Sustainability Control Tower internally to improve its holistic business management, gain insights into the full scope of the company’s economic, social, and environmental impact across a variety of metrics, and speed up initiatives like its goal of achieving net-zero emissions by 2030.
Optimizing ESG Management with SAP Sustainability Control Tower
SAP Sustainability Control Tower, which is based on the SAP Business Technological Platform (SAP BTP), has an open, extensible technology architecture that can be used to develop new solutions or include user-generated content. This adaptability is crucial, since businesses in various locations and sectors have distinct requirements. Furthermore, SAP’s worldwide network of partners is unparalleled in scale, allowing the company to support businesses in creating and implementing tailored sustainability solutions.
In Latin America, one significant achievement from the previous quarter — according to Cristina Palmaka, President of SAP Latin America and the Caribbean — was the adoption of the SAP Sustainability Control Tower solution by Grupo Energía Bogota S.A. (GEB). Over the course of more than 125 years, GEB has served as a platform for the transmission, production, and distribution of electricity and natural gas in Colombia, Peru, Brazil, and Guatemala.
As part of its efforts to undergo an enterprise-wide transformation, the Colombian energy consortium has decided to use the SAP Sustainability Control Tower powered by RISE with SAP, SAP BTP, and SAP Signavio technologies to execute its sustainability strategy. Jose Fernando Galvis Panqueva, Chief Information Officer at Grupo Energía Bogota S.A., explained:
“With this powerful combination of cloud solutions, our company will manage its overall holistic reporting requirements, including ESG KPIs; reduce time and effort in manual data collection and reporting variation with different regulatory requirements and timelines; standardize processes for subsidiaries; and manage and integrate existing SAP and non-SAP data.”
Because of SAP’s strong belief that collaboration is crucial to long-term company success, it has established a network of strategic consulting partners and advisory companies that can lend their knowledge, tools, and methods to SAP’s clients in pursuit of a more comprehensive approach to sustainability. These SAP Partners include Accenture, Atos, Capgemini, Cognizant, Deloitte, Ernst & Young (EY), IBM, PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC), TCS, T-Systems, and Wipro.
Peter Lacy, Global Sustainability Services Lead and Chief Responsibility Officer at Accenture, shared in a statement:
“For companies today, having auditable, decision-ready ESG data isn’t about compliance, it’s about competitiveness. It is about transforming organizations from top to bottom to drive business value and sustainability impact. That is why SAP Sustainability Control Tower is so important: it allows organizations to embed sustainability into their strategy and core digital processes.”